An annual fundraising event hosted by the UUFD Stewardship Ministry each spring, the UUFD Spring Gala is a fun, celebratory night open to public. Our galas vary each year, but typically involve scrumptious food, live music, dancing, a silent auction, and a dessert auction. Please come and support UUFD!
2015 Gala Schedule of Events
5:00 Silent Auction begins, Cocktails, Hors D’oeuvres
5:45 Dinner followed by Dessert Auction
7:00 Music and Dancing
8:45 Silent Auction Closes
Childcare and activities for children will be provided.
Food will include meat, vegetarian, and vegan choices.
2015 UUFD Silent Auction Preview:
One of the Gala highlights is the silent auction, which puts the talents of our UUFD community on display. Here are some of the fetching finds you’ll be able to bid on at this year’s auction:
- 4 hours of yard work from a strapping young man (donated by Josh Becker)
- 20 weeks of delicious, locally grown vegetables (donated by Dan Kenney and the DeKalb County Community Gardens)
- Insight into your life and wishes through 2 tarot card readings (donated by Jack Lazzara)
- A collection of healing herbs, all organically grown and handcrafted with love from Donna’s backyard gardens (donated by Donna Veeneman)
- 2 hours of professional editing or writing coaching from an experienced editor and teacher (donated by Beth Schewe)
- Homemade cookies, baked at your house (donated by Patty Rieman)
Please Donate Items to Our 2015 Gala Silent Auction!
UUFD Galas are a source of fun and income, supporting our work for justice and compassion in the DeKalb area. We need your support to keep our silent auction fun and unique! Is there a service, a skill, or an item -- something useful, fun, unique, helpful, or tempting (and worth a minimum of $40) that you might donate?
Past donated items have included: One week at a waterfront home in Maine; Reader’s Delight Social Justice Basket; Original art work; a Toyota Camry; Spring Cleaning Package with labor provided; Night out for 2 w/ dinner & theatre tickets; Homemade Jams; Children’s book baskets; Handyman labor; One week at a condo on Hilton Head Island; Chicago Cubs Baseball Basket; A Season of Garden Support; Catered Meal for Six; Quilts…etc.
To contribute to the 2015 Silent Auction, please…
1. Complete and submit this Silent Auction donation webform or downloadable .pdf form to the UUFD church office ASAP. Deadline: Friday, March 27. Email to email@example.com or call 815-756-7089.
2. All submissions must be worth $40 or more. Items must be in excellent condition. Items can be singular or grouped in a basket.
3. Physical Items or Baskets must be brought to UUFD by 12 Noon on Friday, April 10, or contact Jeff Kowaslki (firstname.lastname@example.org, 815-762-7539) to make delivery arrangements.