Social Justice & Outreach
Get Involved with Social Justice and Outreach (SJ&O)
Our Social Justice and Outreach Ministry (SJ&O) assists the congregation in fulfilling its social justice mission and helps publicize UUFD events.
To view upcoming Social Justice and Outreach events, click here. To lend a helping hand, please contact one of the Social Justice and Outreach Co-Chairs. We alre always in need of volunteers to assist us with our regular activities that are listed below.
Our Social Justice Activities
- Providing a Fair Trade Coffee Stand in our Fellowship Hall
- Staffing and Stocking our Welcome Essentials Pantry, held the last Saturday of each month
- Providing a monthly meal for Hope Haven
- Conducting the annual UUSC/Guest At Your Table event for the UUFD Congregation
- Coordinating the UUFD participation in the Sondra King Memorial CROP Hunger Walk
- Delivering the social justice candle joys and concerns during Sunday morning services
- Organizing Special Collections during Sunday morning services nine Sundays a year, including WNIU/WNIJ Public Radio.
To nominate an organization to be one of our UUFD special collection recipients, visit: http://www.uufdekalb.org/specialcollections.
- Coordinating educational programs and events on topics of social justice, peace, and the environment
- Organizing three Indoor Farmers' Markets with Arts and Crafts and Used Books (December, February, and March)
- Organizing the UUFD Rummage and Used Book Sale, usually each august or September
Please view our tabs to review other information related to UUFD Social Justice and Outreach.